The objective of the Fast Fiction Friday exercise is to write with complete focus on the given subject. One of the best ways to accomplish this task is to write for a set amount of time, without distractions and without editing. Let the words flow from your mind to the paper and ignore self doubt and outside issues. The goal is to become so addicted to writing that you can't help but do it! All writers are welcome whether you write short stories, poems, memoirs, non-fiction, essays or a personal journal. Feel free to share your work or link back. Also on Facebook and Wordtrip!

Pirates (FFF 9.2)

Your prompt:

Pirates with an outboard motor.


3 comments:

  1. I do have a Google account--and two Google blogs, but it's still denying me. Let me try some other profile.
    --Walt Giersbach (a.k.a. timberline)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's the lede. Tell me where to post.

    Pirates on Hard Scrabble Road
    No one in Dorchester ever asks for charity, but we’re all willin to lend a hand when needed. We needed a lot when Irene come through with 10 inches of rain Monday. I feared for our general store under all that water. Not that some tourists would come by wanting nails or suntan oil but that our calico cat might not be able to swim or find high ground.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Walt... I like the beginning so far, and the way I'm instantly inside the narrator's mind. I hope to read more... and hopefully Google will allow you to post... not sure what's going on with it but it seems to be an issue for many. :(

    ReplyDelete